Springfield Gardens Education Center
Springfield Gardens, NY 11434
Principal: Deborah Costagliola
Serving Preschool and School Age Students Grades K-5 with Special Needs
The Springfield Gardens Education Center is a vibrant, community program located in Southeast Queens. The majority of our staff resides in the neighborhood or surrounding towns.
We have a large, diverse group of talented special educators and clinicians who provide a warm, nurturing environment in which our young students thrive. Our classrooms are rich in literacy based programs, visual supports, technology, and social emotional instructional supports.
The Springfield Gardens Education Center serves preschool children ages three to five. Many of our students have developmental disabilities associated with cognition and speech delays, as well as social-emotional concerns and/or autism.
The Springfield Gardens Early Childhood Center Serves Preschool Students Ages 3-5.
- Preschool Special Education: Special Classes
- Ranging in size from 8 to 12 students: Integrated Special Classes
- Ranging in size from 15 to 18 students
- Universal Pre-Kindergarten
- Head Start Full Day for three- and four-year-old students
School Age Program
- 3 Special Classes: Students from 5-11 with classes of 8 students
In Addition, We Provide the Following Related Services and Family Supports:
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Counseling/Play Therapy
- Parent Events and Trainings