Sibling Support Webinars
Good Afternoon Everyone,
Each day, the focus of our work is on ensuring the individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities who seek our support are able to thrive. We partner with our families and support them in whatever way we can. While supporting families often take into account the parents, consideration must be given to the important role siblings play in the lives of the individuals and their parents.
Birch Family Services is very excited to announce two informative webinars scheduled for the month of November presented by Emily Holl, Director of the Sibling Support Project, a national advocacy and support network focused on sibling matters:
- Wednesday, November 3 – “Siblings Across the Lifespan: Unique Perspectives and Opportunities for Support”
- Wednesday, November 17 – “Future planning for families – 5 Key Considerations for Parents, Siblings + Individuals with Disabilities”
Both programs are free and will be held on Zoom from 6:30 to 8 pm. You can register for the webinars here: forms.office.com/r/uU7V1aAumT
Who should attend:
- Parents and Family Members
- Friends and Community Members
- Individuals with disabilities
- Professionals, e.g., psychologists, social workers, teachers, administrators, etc.
Birch is proud to offer these programs in collaboration with our colleagues at DDI, FREE, Job Path, and the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan. This is the start of a variety of different opportunities we hope to make available to siblings. We look forward to hearing from you about other workshops of interest. Please share this information with your network. If you have general questions about the workshops or with registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you there!